Welcome to Latest News|Powered by Matchart Production

Stay updated to the World trend by following us..We provide the latest news that happened currently around the world..Share with your friend to let them be a person that updated just like YOU...Have fun...

Faith Evans Arrested On Suspicion Of Drunken Driving - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News

The singer was reportedly pulled over Saturday night in Los Angeles.

Faith Evans was arrested Saturday night on suspicion of misdemeanor drunken driving, according to the Los Angeles Times.
Evans was taken into police custody at 10:40 p.m. at a checkpoint near Marina del Rey, Los Angeles Police Department's Officer Cleon Joseph told the Times. The Associated Press reports Evans' car was impounded and she was released on bail the following morning.
The incident is not the singer's first brush with the law. In 2004, Evans and her husband, Todd Russaw, were arrested in Atlanta on drug possession charges. Evans evaded jail time by entering a pretrial drug-abuse intervention program. She referenced the drama in her 2005 single "Again." "In ATL, I caught a case/ And the media tried to say, I had a habit/ I couldn't manage, and I'm throwing my life away," Evans belts on the midtempo track.
Evans first hit the scene as a signee to Diddy's Bad Boy label and went on to pump out R&B hits such as "Love Like This" and "You Gets No Love." Evans also married fellow Bad Boy artist Notorious B.I.G. and won a 1997 Grammy, along with Diddy and 112, for the Biggie-tribute song "I'll Be Missing You," in the wake of the iconic MC's death.
After parting ways with her longtime label and releasing the 2005 albumThe First Lady on Capitol Records, the singer took a break from the fame game to focus on her family. At the 2009 premiere of "Notorious," the biopic about her late husband's rise to hip-hop prominence, Evans told MTV News that while she didn't have a record contract, she was looking to return to music.
"I've been taking a lot of meetings, and I've been enjoying my freedom, not being tied down to anything other than my family. I'm ready to record again," Evans said. "I've been hesitant to get into any type of record-deal situation. The offers have been coming in. Through the process of elimination, I'll pick the one that's right for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment